Who can drive / what do you need

Driver requirements:

  • You must be over 21 and not over 79 years of age to drive our motorhome.
  • You only need a standard category B car driving licence as the vehicle is not over 3500 tonnes.
  • You must have held your driving licence for at least 2 years, with no more than 2x 3 current points. If you hold points you must make us aware at time of booking.
  • You must not have been involved in more than one motoring accident or claim within the preceding 3 years.
  • You should not be engaged in professional gambling, sport or entertainment, hawking or general dealing, street or market trading, or modelling.
  • You should not have been convicted of any motoring offence or have a prosecution pending other than parking or one speeding offence.
  • You do not have any medical condition requiring Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) notification and authorisation has been granted by the DVLA.
  • You have not been refused motor insurance at normal rates and terms or has not been declined insurance or had any insurance policy cancelled by an Insurer.
  • We take a £750 refundable bond on collection to cover any damage to contents or accessories, or excessive cleaning requirements. For drivers under 25, drivers over 76, or for use at a festival, our insurance company requests this to be £1000.
  • On collection of the vehicle the driver must present their driving licence and 2 forms of ID confirming name and address corresponding with driving licence.